Current Job Opening
Certified Medical Assistant
Milestones is a Hawaii-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization launching in early 2018.
Our mission is to transform families’ lives by providing the highest quality assessment and treatment services for children and adolescents impacted by developmental, behavioral and social/emotional challenges and by leading research, professional and workforce development efforts throughout Hawaii and the Pacific. Milestones is founded on the belief that every child has possibilities that inspire and enrich us all.
We strive to create a collaborative working environment where children and their families come first. We are founded on a set of core values and guiding principles that include:
- The whole child. Milestones will look beyond the behaviors of each child and understand the underlying causes. Addressing the root causes gives each child a chance at a better long-term success.
- Earlier is better, but it is never too late. The earlier children receive services, the better they do over the long term. Milestones will make every effort to reach children from birth to 5 years of age, but our doors will be open to children of all ages.
- Transdisciplinary care. Milestones will be child-centered and family-focused, and for the most complex cases, the Center will bring together a team of healthcare professionals who will understand and respect each other’s work, integrating assessment and treatment so as to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Community-based. Children will never be treated in isolation. Milestones will not only weave in family supports but will also engage with schools and partner with public and private community resources to ensure the best long-term outcomes for each individual child. We build relationships and work collaboratively with partners to ensure community-based, culturally competent services.
- Continuously build on what we have. Hawai‘i is a unique place. Our communities value diversity and celebrate children and families, yet geographic dispersion and economic disparity are barriers to equal access to health care and human services for many. Milestones is committed to creating a center of excellence that builds on the strengths of our place and community.
Commensurate with experience. Benefits included
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with 1-hour break; usually 40 hours / week
Carry out routine clinical tasks for patient visits and support Neurodevelopmental Clinical Providers in serving patients and maintaining records.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Greet patients and their families, ensuring they feel welcome and at-ease in the Clinic
- Verify patient information through initial patient and family intake, by confirming purpose of visit and recording medical history
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests (e.g., blood pressure, height/weight, temperature)
- Ensure examination rooms are clean and appropriately stocked for patient visits
- Complete diagnostic and procedure coding, protecting confidential patient information
- Manage medical supply inventory, by submitting orders, verifying receipts, maintaining accurate records
- Maintain equipment, including troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Fill in for receptionist as needed (lunch breaks)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 2 years of prior experience working in a pediatric medical setting
- Certified Medical Assistant designation required
To apply, please submit a cover letter, current resume/curricula vitae, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references to: email@example.com.