Current Job Opening
Seeking a friendly professional to be the first "voice" of Milestones! The successful applicant will have excellent telephone communication and highly efficient data entry skills.
Milestones is a Hawaii-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization launching in early 2018.
Our mission is to transform families’ lives by providing the highest quality assessment and treatment services for children and adolescents impacted by developmental, behavioral and social/emotional challenges and by leading research, professional and workforce development efforts throughout Hawaii and the Pacific. Milestones is founded on the belief that every child has possibilities that inspire and enrich us all.
We strive to create a collaborative working environment where children and their families come first. We are founded on a set of core values and guiding principles that include:
- The whole child. Milestones will look beyond the behaviors of each child and understand the underlying causes. Addressing the root causes gives each child a chance at a better long-term success.
- Earlier is better, but it is never too late. The earlier children receive services, the better they do over the long term. Milestones will make every effort to reach children from birth to 5 years of age, but our doors will be open to children of all ages.
- Transdisciplinary care. Milestones will be child-centered and family-focused, and for the most complex cases, the Center will bring together a team of healthcare professionals who will understand and respect each other’s work, integrating assessment and treatment so as to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Community-based. Children will never be treated in isolation. Milestones will not only weave in family supports but will also engage with schools and partner with public and private community resources to ensure the best long-term outcomes for each individual child. We build relationships and work collaboratively with partners to ensure community-based, culturally competent services.
- Continuously build on what we have. Hawai‘i is a unique place. Our communities value diversity and celebrate children and families, yet geographic dispersion and economic disparity are barriers to equal access to health care and human services for many. Milestones is committed to creating a center of excellence that builds on the strengths of our place and community.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, current resume/curricula vitae, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references to: email@example.com.