Current Job Opening
Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT)
Milestones is a Hawaii-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization launching in early 2018.
Our mission is to transform families’ lives by providing the highest quality assessment and treatment services for children and adolescents impacted by developmental, behavioral and social/emotional challenges and by leading research, professional and workforce development efforts throughout Hawaii and the Pacific. Milestones is founded on the belief that every child has possibilities that inspire and enrich us all.
We strive to create a collaborative working environment where children and their families come first. We are founded on a set of core values and guiding principles that include:
- The whole child. Milestones will look beyond the behaviors of each child and understand the underlying causes. Addressing the root causes gives each child a chance at a better long-term success.
- Earlier is better, but it is never too late. The earlier children receive services, the better they do over the long term. Milestones will make every effort to reach children from birth to 5 years of age, but our doors will be open to children of all ages.
- Transdisciplinary care. Milestones will be child-centered and family-focused, and for the most complex cases, the Center will bring together a team of healthcare professionals who will understand and respect each other’s work, integrating assessment and treatment so as to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Community-based. Children will never be treated in isolation. Milestones will not only weave in family supports but will also engage with schools and partner with public and private community resources to ensure the best long-term outcomes for each individual child. We build relationships and work collaboratively with partners to ensure community-based, culturally competent services.
- Continuously build on what we have. Hawai‘i is a unique place. Our communities value diversity and celebrate children and families, yet geographic dispersion and economic disparity are barriers to equal access to health care and human services for many. Milestones is committed to creating a center of excellence that builds on the strengths of our place and community.
Registered Behavioral Technician
Autism Treatment Program
Commensurate with experience. Benefits included
Autism Treatment Program Director
Flexible with evening and weekend hours possible; usually 40 hours per week
A Behavior Technician provides behavioral intervention services to children with special needs and support to their families. Behavior Technicians are responsible for implementing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) based programs as directed the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Completes a BACB approved RBT course and keeps registration to the BACB current.
- Assists the BCBA in implementing behavioral programming.
- Collects data on all programming and writes progress notes.
- Advises and consults with the family and other Milestones’s personnel.
- Participates in in-service programs and presents in-service programs as assigned.
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Participates with all other health care personnel in patient care planning.
- Directs and supervises assistant (RBT, Behavior Technician) personnel as applicable.
- With the BCBA, instructs patients and family/significant others in home programs and protocols.
- Attends all staff meetings and patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Instruction to patient/family in home program with documentation in medical record notes.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related information.
- Immediately reports to BCBA/ Therapy Supervisor any patient incidents/variances or complaints.
- Adheres to Milestones’s standards and consistently interprets and accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills through daily documentation and infrequent overtime for routine assignments.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, critical thinking and decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT)
- Two (2) years of experience, preferred
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of Milestones
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, CHARACTERISTICS
- Experience with Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Belief in strengths-based and family-centered approaches dedicated to success of each individual child and his or her family
To apply, please submit a cover letter, current resume/curricula vitae, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references to: email@example.com.